Belleview Biltmore Resort and Spa
The Belleview Biltmore Hotel was completed in 1899 by Henry B. Plant, a railroad industrialist. The 820,000 SF hotel was considered the largest standing historic wood frame structure in the world with 285 rooms and private guest cottages. Located in Belleair, FL and set on a high coastal bluff overlooking Clearwater Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, development plans called for a complete and historically accurate restoration of the Biltmore’s elegance and charm interwoven with world-class amenities. In 2015 the Town of Belleair approved the demolition of the historic hotel and construction of new townhomes and condominiums, preserving a portion of the 1897 structure as a small boutique inn. The building, added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1979, was subsequently removed from the Register in October 2017.